I am going to attempt once again to learn a programming language. I wanted to look at the pro’s and con’s of each language in my work enviroment, military/DOD usage:
- Currently used in the Sidewinder Firewalls throughout the commands
- CITS uses the language extensively in the newer software deployments
Actually a default install on many CITS Network Servers Ruby:
- Lots of support for web applications; where the military is going
- Very easy to use syntax for learning
- I would argue much better Windows support using COM objects
- Small footprint and very quick In the end I haven’t a clue! It really is time to add one to the ol’ resume though. I will keep you posted for which route I go and learning the language!